Women's Retreat at King's House
Welcome to St. Paul Catholic Church
Welcome to our St. Paul Parish Website! Since 1844 the Catholic Community of St. Paul Parish has worshiped and followed the Gospel of Jesus Christ here in Highland, Illinois. From our humble beginnings, when Highland was a village of 60 families, we have become a parish family of over 5300 members and 1800 families.
I have been privileged to be a part of Highland’s history for 57 years, having been born and raised in this community. I grew up on a dairy farm 6 miles north of Highland in rural route Pocahontas, near Grantfork, and as a member of St. Gertrude Church, Grantfork, received my sacraments of initiation there. My father attended St. Paul Grade School and my mother attended Immaculate Conception Grade School in Pierron. I never dreamed that I would return to become pastor and shepherd of the Catholic community in which I was raised.
Being one of 10 children I know firsthand what family is all about. Since my arrival as pastor of St. Paul’s on July 1, 2015, devoted parishioners have demonstrated to me how closely knit this parish is as a family. This is exactly what I am accustomed to.
Parishioners of St. Paul’s love Highland and are proud to be a part of the community and invite you to be a part of our community of faith. Please take some time to check out this website and always feel free to visit us anytime. Our doors are always open and our welcome is always extended to you to visit us and worship with us. Perhaps you have been here before, coming for our annual “Kirchenfest” in August, or maybe for a wedding, baptism, or even a funeral.
Come see us and catch the Spirit which inflames our hearts daily to be faithful servants and authentic worshipers of Jesus. Please come and journey with us!
With great humility, Fr. Pat Jakel
Parish Staff (Click on staff member name for photo and contact information)
- Reverend Pat Jakel, Pastor
- Msgr. David L. Peters, Retired Pastor
- Deacon Dave Bohnenstiehl, Permanent Deacon
- Mr. Rafal Pyrchla, Seminarian/Acolyte
- Mrs. Lorraine Senci, Pastoral Associate for Pastoral Care and Spirituality
- Mr. Michael Durbin, Executive Manager & Spiritual Direction Ministry
- Mr. Ron Knapp, Pastoral Associate for Youth and Catechist Formation
- Ms. Laurie Scott, Administrative Assistant
- Mrs. Jennifer Hilling, Parish Secretary
- Mr. Collin Korte, Weekend Secretary
- Mr. Nolan Scott, Weekend Secretary
- Mrs. Jean Nolte, Finance/Bookkeeping
- Mrs. Connie Knebel, Coordinator of Protecting God's Children
- Mrs. Deanna Harlan, Pastoral Associate for Faith Formation
- Mrs. Mary Lou Meridith, Procurator Advocate
- Mr. Dale Triplett, Maintenance Superintendent
- Mr. Dan Halloran, Maintenance
- Mrs. LuAnn Halloran, Maintenance
- Mr. Steve Waller, Maintenance
- Mrs. Dineen Czar, Liturgical Music Coordinator
- Mr. Sam Schwarztrauber, Adult Choir
- Mrs. Andrea Henze, Contemporary Choir
- Mrs. Joan Riffel, Liturgical Art & Environment
- Mr. Terry Zeisset, Pastoral Council, Chair
- Mr. Howard Held, Finance Council, Chair
- Mr. Jerry Rehkemper, Property Committee, Chair
- Mr. Jay Korte, Cemetery Board, Chair
Ministry Scheduler Pro
St. Paul Parish Life
Sunday: 7:30, 9:30 and 11:30 am
7:00 am -- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
7:00 am -- Wednesday at Hospital Chapel
8:20 am -- Friday
Holy Days: 7:00 am, 8:20 am, 7:00 pm
Reconciliation: Saturday 3:30 pm - 4:00 pm
(Or By Appointment)
Interpreter for Hearing Impaired
Did you know.... We have an interpreter at every Saturday night Mass at 5:00 pm for the hearing impaired.
(closed for lunch 12:00 - 1:00)
Saturday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Sunday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
School Office Hours:
Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
St. Paul School Staff & Faculty
School News & Events
BY OUR WORKS WE SHOW OUR FAITH
February 15 - Dinner Auction Free Dress Day
February 24 - 6th Grade Trivia Night at the KC Hall
March 1 - Ash Wednesday
March 3 - 11:35 Dismissal
02/23/17 10:39 am
(Vatican Radio) The Office of Papal Charities this week helped out the earthquake-hit regions of central Italy at the express wish of Pope Francis, buying typical food products from local producers and distributing it to several soup kitchens in Rome.
Central Italy was hit by a powerful 6.3 magnitude quake in August 2016, which killed nearly 300 people. Other earthquakes have since caused major damage to the area.Read More
02/23/17 10:38 am
(Vatican Radio) A 2-day seminar aiming to propose much needed public policies for water and sanitation management is underway in the Vatican.
Organized by the Vatican Pontifical Academy of Sciences, the seminar is entitled “The human right to water: An interdisciplinary focus and contributions on the central role of public policies in water and sanitation management”.Read More
02/23/17 7:05 am
(Vatican Radio) Pope Francis received his long-time friend from his native Argentina, Rabbi Abraham Skorka, on Thursday, along with a delegation of Jewish leaders involved in the preparation of a new edition of the Torah.
The annotated, illustrated edition is already being hailed as an achievement in both the literary and visual arts.Read More