The St. Paul Parish School of Religion exists to meet the following needs:
1. To encourage and equip students to accept the invitation of a personal, loving relationship with Jesus Christ and
2. To support and foster family participation in the sacramental and liturgical life of the Church.
3. To fufill the mission given to us as Christians to spread the Gospel Message.
1. Students wishing to enroll in PSR must be baptized and have a copy of his/her Baptismal Certificate on file at the Parish Office. If your child is newly enrolled in PSR and was NOT Baptized at St. Paul, please email/fax/snail mail/drop off a copy of the certificate at the Parish Office.
2. Students must enroll in PSR in the first grade in order to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation in second grade and the Sacraments of Confirmation and First Communion in third grade. If a family does not enroll their child until the second or third grade, that child will be placed in the grade below to ensure they are properly prepared to recive the sacraments. Students who do not enroll in PSR until fourth or fifth grade will alternatively be placed in RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation) for youth.
3. In order to advance to the next grade, students must demonstate proficiency in their grade by completing the requirements expressed in their progress reports (sent home in weekly folders).
PSR is held on Wednesday evenings from 6:00-7:15pm in the Parish Life Center. The PSR calendar year runs from September-April.
Registration for the upcoming PSR year opens July 1st. To register, click here.
For more information regarding PSR (Parish School of Religion), contact Co-Directors, Kyle Klostermann; [email protected] OR Jacob Wildhaber; [email protected]
Students in grades 6-12 are encouraged to become members of St. Paul Youth Ministry.