Welcome to St. Paul Student Faith Formation
~ for our students enrolled in public schools ~
The first day of faith formation class is Wednesday, August 29 from 6:30 pm - 7:45 pm.
A modest fee is requested in support of the program. Student Faith Formation registration includes a completed registration form; offering of the fee; a parish census form (if needed); and a copy of the certificate of baptism for children who were not baptized at St. Paul Parish.
Questions? Stop by, email us, or just give us a call: (618) 654-2339.
St. Paul Parish offers vibrant programs in faith formation in order to share
- the joy of the Good News,
- the rich heritage of our Catholic tradition, and
- the life-affirming way of Jesus.
May our children and youths—indeed, all teachers and parents as well—be drawn to a life of grateful response to the Lord’s goodness.
Wednesdays, early September to early May, 6:30-7:45pm Parish School of Religion (PSR) – Grades 1-7
Sessions are held in the St. Paul Catholic School building.
- The PSR approach centers on prayer, doctrine, community-building, stewardship (caring and sharing), and discipleship as children/youths (living the faith intentionally).
- Our foundational curriculum is the Finding God series by Loyola Press. This “spiral” arrangement allows students to deepen their comprehension across key Catholic teachings and practices over their years in the program.
Grade 1 children are introduced to the Church community, the Blessed Trinity, Mary, and being a friend of Jesus.
Grade 2 prepares for the Sacrament of First Reconciliation. The core curriculum is God’s Gift by Loyola Press.
Grade 3 studies the purpose, structure, and mission of the Church.
Grade 4 delves deeper into the meaning of the Trinity, the Beatitudes, Commandments, and social justice.
Grade 5 studies the seven Sacraments in-depth.
Grade 6 focuses on the Bible as God’s living Word for our lives, with an emphasis on the Old Testament.
Grade 7 youths, in their year prior to Confirmation formation, walk the walk and talk the talk with Jesus through the New Testament.
- Our student faith formation programs also include hands-on themed activities, prayer services (such as Adoration and the Living Rosary), seasonal celebrations, lives of the saints, Mass, Penance Services, and opportunities for Christian outreach in loving compassion.