Pro Life Ministry
The St. Paul Pro-Life Ministry promotes a culture of life, an ethic that life begins at the moment of conception and ends at natural death. We participate in Diocesan sponsored pro-life programs and coordinate parish pro-life activities. Our ministry is guided by Fr. Chuck, Fr. Scott, Deacon Dave, Bishop Paprocki & the Diocese of Springfield – Office for Social Concerns, and in alignment with the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) Pastoral Plan for Pro-Life Activities.
To answer Pope Saint John Paul II’s invitation to work for the protection and reverence for the sanctity of human life, we provide education and awareness on the variety of issues as found in the Gospel of Life including abortion, euthanasia, death penalty, and disabilities according to Church teaching. We advocate for life affirming legislation and share regular legislative updates with Ministry members.
Throughout the calendar year, we coordinate pro-life activities, such as:
- Recognition and Blessing of mothers on Mother’s Day and fathers on Father’s Day
- Respect Life Month (each October) with a focus on life issues education & awareness
- Support and participate in local, regional, and national Respect Life activities (e.g., Life Chain, 40 Days for Life™ Campaign, March for Life)
- Monthly participation in “Highland Day” at the Hope Clinic for Women (nearest abortion facility)
- Jesse Tree during Advent with gifts provided to a pregnancy care / crisis centers, home-bound elderly, residents of local nursing homes, or parishioners in need
- National Night of Prayer for Life (on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception)
For more information or to receive email notifications, please contact Karen Boulanger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 654-1814.